La valle dei templi
The Valley of the Temples is about 120 kms from Punta Secca.
It is a beautifully preserved archeological area with a series of doric temples harking back to the Hellenic period. Agrigento was formerly known as Akragas, the monumental original Greek nucleus of today’s city.
In 1997 the entire valley became part of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. It is hugely sought after by tourists who flock from every corner of the world, and possibly the most famous on the island with its 1300 hectares of parkland.